Navigationsweiche Anfang

Navigationsweiche Ende

Select language

ERASMUS - Mobility Program for University Teachers - Key Facts and Figures

The European Union’s ERASMUS program is the University of Wuppertal’s (BUW) main mobility program for the international exchange of teaching and administrative staff, as well as students. The stated purpose of such teaching exchanges is to develop joint study programs and to gain new insights into teaching methods, course contents and related matters. Faculty members seeking to teach at BUW’s partner universities (listed under “Download Center” in right-hand column) may apply for funding within the framework of this program.

ERASMUS program countries

  • all 28 EU member states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, (Germany), Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK.
  • Non-EU countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia (Former Yugoslavian Republic), Norway, Turkey.
  • In line with resolutions 2013/755/EU and 2014/137/EU of the European Council, visits to other overseas countries and regions can also be supported within the framework of the ERASMUS+ program. For details click here.

Conditions 

The ERASMUS International teaching exchange program at BUW covers the following groups (on condition that the participant’s main residence is not in the ERASMUS program country in question):

  • university teachers in a contractual relationship with BUW
  • unpaid university teachers
  • temporary university teachers
  • professors emeriti and other retired university teachers
  • assistant professors, research assistants etc.
  • members of business or other organizations in another ERASMUS program country concerned with employment, general or professional education, or youth work – detailed application must be made to BUW’s International Office (“Outgoing Team”).

 Duration

  • Funding is offered for visits of between 2 days and 2 months (60 days). This period must include at least 8 hours’ (= 8 x 60 min.) teaching per week (or lesser period) of the visit (thus e.g. an 8 day visit will involve 16 hrs. teaching).

ERASMUS mobility grant for university teachers

  • Travel and maintenance grants for ERASMUS program university teachers are calculated according to flat-rates determined by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the EU Commission.
  • The grant is paid in two installments: 80% at the beginning of the visit; the remaining 20% on submission of the relevant documentation to meet the final deadline on completion of the visit.

The flat-rate grants for travel and maintenance are as follows:

Travel grant

(Distances are calculated in accordance with the EU commission’s Distance Calculator.)

 

Distance (one way) from BUW Grant (for return journey) per program participant
< 100 kmno grant
100 – 499 km180 EUR
500 – 1.999 km275 EUR
2.000 – 2.999 km360 EUR
3.000 – 3.999 km530 EUR
4.000 – 7.999 km820 EUR
8.000 km und mehr1.100 EUR

Maintenance grant

Maintenance grants are only made for days that include a teaching-related activity. Program participants who extend their visit voluntarily must bear the extra costs themselves.

CountryMaintenance grant per participant for visits of up to 14 days (excluding travel days)Maintenance grant per participant for visits of 15-60 days (excluding travel days)
Denmark, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, UK160 EUR112 EUR
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Turkey 140 EUR98 EUR
(Germany), Latvia, Macedonia (FYROM), Malta, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain 120 EUR84 EUR
Croatia, Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia100 EUR70 EUR
zuletzt bearbeitet am: 02.04.2020