Navigationsweiche Anfang

Navigationsweiche Ende

Select language

Health Insurance


All BUW guest students must provide evidence of adequate health insurance on enrollment at BUW.

If you belong to a public health insurance organization in a member state of the EU or EFTA and complete the international form E109, E 111 or E 112, or alternatively hold a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you will be eligible for medical treatment in any other EU or EFTA member state. The E-form or EHIC card must be presented on enrollment.

If you do not have a health insurance of your own that is valid for Germany, you must, immediately on arrival in Wuppertal, register with a German public health insurance organization. As a rule, German health insurance organizations cover the costs of medicine, doctor’s bills and hospital expenses.

The Health Insurance System in Germany (1A Verbraucherportal)

List of German public health insurance organizations


FIRST AID an illustrated Health Dictionary

zuletzt bearbeitet am: 16.12.2019